Why Shams is the Best Free Zone for Your New Media Business?
The UAE's Free Zones are exemplary business havens that provide unlimited opportunities to various foreign investors, entrepreneurs, and SMEs from all around the world. Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) is a dynamic Free Zone located in the Emirate of Sharjah that has made significant developments in the creative business sector. With a world-class business environment, exclusive incentives, and specialized facilities for creative and media businesses, Shams has transformed into a global hub for innovation. The free zone is designed to connect talent with a forward-thinking community of innovative companies. Below is a list of the top 7 reasons why Shams is the best free zone to set up your new media business.
1. Lowest Cost for Setup:
- Shams offers several cost-effective options to entrepreneurs who are looking to set up their new media businesses. Unlike many other free zones in the UAE, new entrepreneurs in Shams need to pay the lowest setup cost starting from AED 11,500.
- Shams free zone offers the best value for price due to the following benefits:
- Access to a wide range of business activities on a single license
- 100% tax-free jurisdiction
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% foreign ownership allowed
- No corporate or personal tax
- No import and export duties
2. New Facilities for Media Launching Soon:
- To become a world-class media hub for creativity and innovation, Shams is soon launching new facilities for media businesses. It aims to empower talented individuals and provide more support to foster a creative-friendly environment.
- Shams Media Services, a subsidiary of Shams, has recently entered into a strategic partnership with OMNES Media to launch an Influencers Platform. This platform will offer an open digital marketplace, which will enable business sectors to interact directly with influencers, whether locally or internationally, and engage with them for their business marketing and promotional campaign needs.
3. Upcoming Launch of SHAMS Film Commission:
- In January 2021, Shams plans to launch its film commission – Shams Film Commission, an autonomous body created with a vision to establish Sharjah as one of the preferred destinations for film-making across the globe in the coming years.
- The Shams Film Commission Location Scout database provides free access to Sharjah's eye-catching locations for film shooting, such as heritage buildings, beautiful beaches, modern hotels, high-rise infrastructure, and more.
4. Free Training and Workshops for Clients:
- Shams provides media-focused education and training to businesses established in Shams, especially the ones working directly in the media sector.
- It offers free training and workshops to clients on photography, film, cinematography, etc. They benefit heavily from such training opportunities that are available on-site.
- Media professionals can upgrade their skills and enhance their expertise at seminars, training programs, and Q&A sessions conducted regularly at Shams by industry experts worldwide.
5. Free Space at Exhibitions:
- Shams helps companies grow by providing them free space at exhibitions, such as GITEX Expo and Seamless Middle East.
- The companies benefit from business networking with regional traders, IT professionals, technology enthusiasts, students, and consumers.
6. Free Invitation to Business Community Sessions:
- Shams free zone is known for its thriving business community. It regularly organizes seminars, conferences, and networking events where entrepreneurs can meet, share ideas, and collaborate.
- The business community in Shams can provide support from like-minded entrepreneurs and provide opportunities to meet new clients. Media companies get invited to such community sessions with senior management to offer their suggestions and ideas for growth and innovation.
7. Freelancer license Offered to Media Professionals:
- The UAE Freelance permit is available to only those who work in the media, education, or tech sectors. Shams offers freelancer licenses to media professionals to permit them to work independently as freelance media professionals.
Given the above key reasons, Shams free zone has become the most preferred destination for new media business setups. With a business-friendly environment and a hassle-free licensing process, setting up a new business in Shams has never been so quick and easy before.
If you are looking to start your new media business in Shams, contact Shams free zone authorities today! Call 800 (Shams) 74267 or visit www.shams.ae for more information.