Sharjah Media City (Shams) Free Zone
Sharjah Media City (Shams) a digitally born free zone authority was launched after an Emiri Decree was issued in 2017, by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. Shams is a 2 million m2 multi-use media city located in Al Messaned – Sharjah, with its doors open to talent from across borders.
With an infrastructure that emulates international standards, Shams aims to be a regional leader across fields of media and creativity whilst providing a variety of resources to generate high-quality content. Our services are curated to create cost-effective solutions for SMEs, established companies and freelancers that can help them easily embark on their entrepreneurial journey.
Under the umbrella of Shams, businesses have the opportunity to choose from a wide range of business activities. The free zone over the years has attracted foreign direct investment from across the globe. Our goal is to produce future change makers who will use the knowledge and experience at Shams across global platforms, thus paving way for generations to come.
To be a world-class hub for media and creativity in the region.
We make creative entrepreneurship accessible and inspire business growth. We foster a vibrant and connected ecosystem for innovators to live, learn and co-create.
- Company setup options starting from AED 5,750
- Wide range of business activities available on the same business license
- All company documents issued within days
- 100% foreign ownership permitted
- Companies will have limited liability
- Shareholders are not required to be physically present in the UAE to incorporate a new company
- Allocation of up to 12 visas on a dedicated desk facility.
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 0% corporate or personal income tax
- Quick and simple online registration process
- Deposits are not required by Shams
- Allocation of up to 6 visas on a shared desk facility
- Located 15 minutes from Sharjah International Airport and 30 minutes from Dubai International Airport