Top 7 Proven Ways to Guarantee Customer Satisfaction for Your Business
20 - 06 - 2021
Gaining customer loyalty is the ultimate goal of any business. In today’s ever-increasing competition, earning high customer satisfaction is the key to acquiring customer loyalty and creating a successful and sustainable business. The best way to enhance customer satisfaction is to get feedback from them and determine what is valuable to them and what meets their expectations. Listed below are the top seven proven ways to guarantee customer satisfaction for your business.
1. Establish Customer Feedback Mechanism:
- Collect Feedback: Research indicates that only 1 in 26 dissatisfied customers register a complaint, while 91% of unhappy customers who do not complain simply leave. So, the best way of identifying dissatisfied customers is by collecting customer feedback through surveys using different channels.
- Respond to Feedback: Whether you get positive feedback or a negative one, it is best to respond to it. You can capitalize on positive feedback by requesting positive user reviews, case studies, or testimonials. For negative feedback, make sure to apologize to the customer, find out what makes them unhappy, and then strive to make necessary improvements.
- Share Feedback with Your Teams: Customer feedback becomes futile if it goes unheard. That is why it is crucial to analyse and respond to customer feedback through the concerned department or team. For example, the product team should address application bugs, the marketing team should handle customer complaints about social media campaigns, etc. So, escalate every piece of feedback to the right team.
- Turn Feedback into Action: Based on customer insights, you should constantly strive to improve your product or service and the overall customer experience, thereby boosting customer satisfaction and increasing customer loyalty.
- Update on Progress: Trying to fix their issues and updating them on the progress shows that your company values customer opinions. Even if you can’t yet deliver what your customers have requested, you should always acknowledge and update them about it. Such updates help to keep customer satisfaction levels high.
- Follow-Up: Once you have made improvements in your product or service based on customer feedback, follow-up with the customer to let them know of the action taken.
2. Implement Multi-Channel Communication:
- Customers use various channels and devices to make enquiries and purchases. The easier it is for your customers to contact you, the higher the customer satisfaction levels. That is why it is vital to cover all the communication channels that are convenient for your target customers to use.
- You can offer multi-channel support to your customers via:
- In-person interactions with your company staff
- 24/7 Customer Support through Toll-free Helpline Number
- Email Support
- Live Chat (for real-time help and support) / Support Chatbot
- Support through Social Media Platforms that your customers use
- Make sure you offer top-quality support and the same level of experience across all channels. These, in turn, help to boost your brand credibility and customer satisfaction.
3. Create a Customer Journey Map:
- Pay attention to the entire lifecycle of your customer and create a holistic vision of customer relation stages with the company covering all touchpoints.
- It is best to detail the customer journey to ensure you meet client needs and expectations. Such stage-wise detailing helps to create positive customer experiences and improve customer satisfaction.
4. Give Your Customers a Personal Touch:
- Use Customer Name: Offer a more personal customer experience by using the customer’s name when contacting them in person, over the phone, through email, or on social media. So, always send personalised messages and replies to your customers. You could also send the message in the customer’s native language if residing in a different country.
- Humanize Customer-Business Interactions: Automated onboarding sequences are fantastic, but they are far from a personal welcome. So, when a customer sends an inquiry, signs up for your free trial, or purchases your product, reach out personally to ask how you can help. Even if they don’t take any help, they will appreciate your gesture and form a positive impression of your business.
- Offer Services that Don’t Scale: From phone support for your top customers to letters, holiday cards, and hand-signed thank-you notes, your customers will notice when you offer service that doesn’t scale. These help to show your customers how much you value them and make you stand out from the rest.
5. Reward Your Loyal Customers:
- Run loyalty programs that offer a high degree of personalization. The idea is to wow your loyal customers with an unforgettable experience that is relevant to their tastes. These result in enhanced customer satisfaction and word-of-mouth advertising for your brand.
6. Offer Free Trial Period with Return Policy:
- Offer a free trial to provide proof of concept to potential customers and help them make the buying decision.
- Combine the free trial with a lenient and straightforward refund policy to motivate your potential customers to try your products and services.
7. Foster A Sense of Customer-Centricity in Your Organisation:
- Cultivate a sense of customer-centricity within your company so that every team knows customer focus comes first.
- You have to see your product through the eyes of your customers, understand what is important to them, and how you can meet their expectations. This customer-centric approach helps to build a long-term competitive advantage for the brand.
Apart from the above, there are many more ways to enhance your customer satisfaction, such as developing CRM strategies, offering attractive discounts, free return shipping, self-help options, focusing on common complaints and providing solutions, and more.
If you are looking to set up a new business in the UAE, consider Sharjah Media City (Shams) Free Zone. Call Shams authorities at 800 (Shams) 74267 or visit www.shams.ae for more information.